Friday, November 30, 2007

Tahoe Thanksgiving 2007

My wife and I often discuss the idea of traditions. In the context of legalism and the church, we see the "traditions of man" as very restrictive and constraining. However, in the context of the family and relationships, the "traditions of celebrations" is an entirely different story. To be honest, my family has existed with few traditions as a whole-- with the exception of the Chinese traditions that I am fairly unfamiliar with (I mean, I know we used to choong-leurng before we ate New Year's dinner, but I don't know exactly why and how come we stopped doing that)-- and that has given way to allowing new traditions to be born. Who says that traditions have to come from when you were wee little babies? It's a little lopsided because its the kids who are showing the parents the new traditions, but nevertheless they are becoming family traditions.
Okay, so a new family tradition has been born... we'll see if it lives on. Thanksgiving in Tahoe.

What a pretty place.

A friendly game of UNO

And that's my mini-me.... oh how he loves me.

No comments: