Sunday, September 30, 2007

Taking over the world

Why is google taking over the world? I remember when I first heard about this company and I asked myself, "why would we need another yahoo?" Being such a loyal yahoo-ligan (i.e. e-mail, chat rooms, yahoo pool, text twist, fantasy sports, etc.) I remember vowing never to join the google bandwagon. But somehow, some way, google has sucked me in like a tractor beam. And its more than just g-mail, its everything-- from their search engine to their maps. I'm sure it also has a lot to do with the fact that this company is slowly but surely taking over the world, but c'mon now-- how do they do it?! It's like somehow I've been brainwashed to think that google is better than all other search engines, when in reality, they are all starting to look the same these days! I hate how I'm such a consumer and I'm so easily trained to think how "they" want me to... freaking! All I gotta say is... whatever happened to the other little guys, like Ask Jeeves and Lycos? Must've been that annoying little retrieving dog... google maps! double true!

2 comments:

hintofselfexpression said...

I was just wondering about Ask Jeeves the other day too! I think I only ever used it a few times and it wasn't that great.

Unknown said...

google maps is the best...true that, double true!